Saturday, March 8, 2008

Papa Luke's Home

"Papa Luke's Home"... 12"x 9" limited edition print by Michael Jarman. Original oil painting on gessoed masonite board. Each print is signed and numbered, and is available for purchase by emailing me here.
$20.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling.
I painted this old house as a present to my grandmother a few years ago. She had told me all about this house in which she grew up. She gave me details about how many windows there were, where the old handpump stood, where the sun set each day, etc. to help me come up with this painting. The old house no longer stands, so I was glad to preserve its memory in this painting. My great-grandfather was called "Papa Luke" and thus, the name of the painting. Many of my relatives wanted a "copy" too, so I decided to have 300 limited edition prints made.

No comments: